Information and communication technologies (ICT) have become fundamental to the functioning of our society, quite like electricity and roads. There are a variety of ways agriculture domain harnesses the power of ICT. In order to appreciate how ICT can be used in agriculture, it is important to understand the basic concepts in this space, their functionality and their limitations. This course on ICT Basics will cover the fundamentals of ICT. It will deal with how information is gathered from the real world, stored in the machines, transmitted from machine to machine. It will talk about how the system figures out your location and your identity. Management of servers and services over the Cloud is another fundamental ability, which will be discussed. This course will be followed by advanced courses, which will take you further into ICT applications in modern agriculture.
Who should attend this course?
Being a basic course this should be of interest to everybody who use Cellphones, Computers and various computer based services. In particular, they should be useful to
- Students of Agriculture Universities
- Faculty of SAU
- Agriculture Scientists in ARS
- NGOs in Agriculture
|Voice and Data Communication
||Data and Content Management
At the end of the course, a participant should know about
- Website, Web Application
- Read/write Web, Semantic Web
- Server Side: Web servers, Search Engines
- Client side: Browsers, Apps
- Basics of Cloud Computing
- Access Devices: Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, Smart Phone
- Communication Technologies: Voice and Data, 2G, 3G, 4G, GSM, CDMA
- Identity and Location: Who are you and where are you, GPRS, Cell towers, Wifi
- Data Storage: BMS, Content management, Knowledge representation and storage
agMOOCs are offered under the umbrella of NPTEL. Participation certificate and Competency certificate will be given to qualifying students based on their involvement and performance.
For more Information visit: http://www.agmoocs.in/
Copyright © 2015, agMOOCs